Thursday, January 27, 2011

No One Dead Yet

Although I have already answered this question in the blog over acts I-III, I feel like some of the questions or guesses I posed have been answered or resolved. Like previously states, this play is a tragedy. I am very surprised Shakespeare waited until Act V to have someone die. I feel like he decided to do this to add suspense to the play and keep the audience on the edge of their seats. Also, feel like the suspense added to Iago's plan and how long he could keep it up without getting caught. Eventually, Iago's plan started to crumble once the first person died. With each dead person, Iago was put farther and farther in a hole until he was caught. Because the play was a tragedy, someone had to die, but I thought Iago would be dead too.

No comments:

Post a Comment