Sunday, February 13, 2011

Realistic? yes.

As far as I have gotten in the play (Scene 5), everything about it has been realistic. From Tom having to work at a warehouse to support his family to Amanda's almost crazy actions, the play is able to be related to and therefore, in my eyes, realistic. Even the conversations between the characters seem real. Amanda has trouble with her son and in Scene 1 feels deceived that her daughter lied to her about not going to college. In real life, parents at one point have trouble with their children. Since the emotions can be related to, at times, readers can be sympathetic or angry or whatever towards the characters. I cannot wait for the gentleman caller to come to dinner because I am very anxious to see how Laura acts. I think that in the two scenes to come, the actions of the characters will continue to mirror reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment