Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Foreshadowing

Jake, Mike, Robert, Bill and Brett are all finally in the same town in Spain together. I was starting to think that they would never get together. In chapter 13, I was surprised that Mike was the one who went off on Robert for being obsessed with Brett. Although what he said to Robert was rude, I think Robert deserved to hear what Mike had to say. Robert had no right to join Brett in San Sebastian and "follow [her] like a steer" (pg 146). I think this situation foreshadows something big to come. Either Mike or Jake will somehow make Robert leave since he really is not wanted there by any of them. If Robert refuses to leave, I feel that someone will end of fighting him, and since he was a boxing champion, I think the opponent will loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment