Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Down the Road

I've had family members in the military who have fought in combat. I don't know if they have ever killed anyone or if the memories of the war still haunt them. They don't seem to be bothered by that but then again, I've never asked them. I know my grandpa is proud that he served his country and is apart of the American Legion.

I find the fact that O'Brien wants to tell about his experiences to millions of people to be very interesting. He wanted to share his thoughts and personal feelings to people who he didn't even know. I am very appreciative for that because other readers and I have a new insight to what war is really like. Yes, we have movies too, but Hollywood can only take you so far. This book is a first-hand account of what really happened. A true war story.

1 comment: