Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mood

The mood throughout the book was one that was kind of... I don't know how to describe it but the book made me feel like the war was never going to end and people would keep killing and keep getting killed forever. The author really made me feel like I was in the jungle with him and his troops experiencing and seeing the same things he did. The part where O'Brien described the man he killed really stuck out to me. It is like I can picture the man walking out of the fog and feel the adrenaline through my veins when he through the grenade (122).

The mood was one of sadness, too. I was sad to read about all the men who died, especially the ones in O'Brien's patroon. I felt like one of the group and was able to feel the loss of one of the men. Curt Lemon, Ted Lavender, and especially Kiowa. The mood was perfect for the book and does a great job of moving the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment